After Riots Insurance Cover Explained

Saturday, 3. September 2011

Hi, Graham Hill here, thank you so much for visiting my blog, I hope you learn a lot and as a result end up driving a great car. In order to do so you can get all the information you need by buying my book, An Insider Guide To Car Finance or use me to finance your next car. Happy driving.
Result of a serious automobile accident.

Image via Wikipedia

Are you, or someone you know, one of the few that has lost a car in the recent riots to needless vandalism? If so where do you stand regarding your insurance and the 1886 Riot Act? First of all if you have a car that was set alight and destroyed, if you have fully comprehensive insurance you are covered, according to the Association of British Insurers (ABI). If you only have third party then you will have no claim but fire and theft will have you covered provided the car was set alight and not just smashed.

In addition there is the Riot Act which means that the police must compensate people who have property damaged or stolen during civil disturbances.

However, this only applies if a vehicle is on private property. So if the car was on the public highway when it was damaged you will not be compensated. Cars parked on the street will not be covered by the act.

The cover of the British law The Riot Act from...

Image via Wikipedia

There is a time constraint also of 14 days within which to make a claim. Hopefully if you had a vehicle damaged on private land you managed to get your claim in on time if not covered by insurance. By Graham Hill

Enhanced by Zemanta
Share My Blogs With Others: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • MisterWong
  • Y!GG
  • Webnews
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Alltagz
  • Ask
  • Bloglines
  • Facebook
  • YahooMyWeb
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • TwitThis
  • Squidoo
  • MyShare
  • YahooBuzz
  • Wikio UK
  • Print
  • Socializer
  • blogmarks

Leave a Reply