Advice On Euro Laws If Travelling Abroad For Booze

Thursday, 27. October 2011

Hi, Graham Hill here, thank you so much for visiting my blog, I hope you learn a lot and as a result end up driving a great car. In order to do so you can get all the information you need by buying my book, An Insider Guide To Car Finance or use me to finance your next car. Happy driving.

We’re getting to that time of year when many start to think about flitting over to France on the pre-Christmas fag and booze run. Some may pop over to Belgium whilst others may make a bit of a trip of it and drive down to Spain or elsewhere in Europe. And not a bad idea, but don’t forget to check the motoring laws for each country you will visit, some require that you carry spare bulbs whilst others require a fluorescent jacket. I won’t cover this again as I’ve done it in previous blogs and you can check with the AA or RAC but what about your driving licence.

As members of the EU we can all drive on each other member’s roads. But what about your licence? The RAC says that this is a bit of a grey area. Is the old style licence acceptable? It should be as it is valid in the UK but they’re not sure.

The same applies to a driver who has applied to have his photocard replaced and is waiting for its return but has the paper counterpart.

Even with the car’s registration and your passport it may still not be enough so to be on the safe side get a photocard licence and make sure that you have the licence and the counterpart with you when travelling abroad. By Graham Hill

Enhanced by Zemanta
Share My Blogs With Others: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • MisterWong
  • Y!GG
  • Webnews
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Alltagz
  • Ask
  • Bloglines
  • Facebook
  • YahooMyWeb
  • Google Bookmarks
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • TwitThis
  • Squidoo
  • MyShare
  • YahooBuzz
  • Wikio UK
  • Print
  • Socializer
  • blogmarks

Leave a Reply